What is the use of a face primer (make up base)? As per Marlena of Makeup Geek; Primers can help by reducing the look of large pores, filling in fine lines, and preventing foundation from looking cakey. They also help with evening out the skin tone and making your makeup last much longer throughout the day! – It also helps to glide on easily, and blend better.
How to use a primer? – After doing your cleansing routine, and/or applying moisturizers, etc., you may apply your face primer all over your face.
I never knew the use of a face primer until after I watched almost every make up tutorials on YouTube. So during my last make up haul, I never had second thoughts of buying a good but affordable face primer. Usually, I will check 3-5 reviews of an item before buying it, I wouldn’t want to buy something that is not going to be worth my money. Who would want that, right?
I have actually been eyeing for the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer , but since it cost a fortune (at least for me), I decided to look for something that has the same effect but in a cheaper price.
Most of the reviews lead me into buying ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer. The reviews was as promising; a lot of says, it’s good for the oily skin, it lasts a long time, very affordable, etc.. So I decided to give it a try.
It’s not everyday that we find something cheap that comes in a good packaging. So this baby right here is indeed classy and savvy with its outside coating.
It says at the back of the plastic cover, “Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas; Developed to combat excess oil , flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines to result in a natural and youthful looking radiance; This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a lasting sating finish.”
It comes with a convenient pump, with the tube inside, wrapped with a clear plastic bottle and cap.
It contains clear gel which is really cool since we don’t want to apply too much color on our face. (Please excuse my broken nail polish)
Here are the swatches:
With Camera Flash.
Without Camera Flash.
Here’s how it looks like on my face:
As you can notice, it is more to appear as invisible as possible. Somehow, it helped my pores a little bit less visible but didn’t make the most out of it. With regards to how it feels when the product being applied; when it dries up on the face, it feels very soft and smooth.
So here’s my final look for the day:
Another set of picture taken with iPod.
So my final verdict?
I have been using the product for almost a month now. I guess, enough time to make a judgement.
Price: P399.50 Where to buy: SM Department Stores
- The product does not have a nasty smell at all.
- It comes in a very convenient packaging.
- It is affordable at less than P500
- I can easily blend all my make up altogether.
- Yes, it helped my make up last a bit long.
- I find it hard to get the product out from the pump. It always seem like there’s no more gel left inside the tube so I really had to make an effort to get the amount I wanted.
- It didn’t help in any way to lessen the oil in my face. After 30 minutes, the oil is starting to build up on my t-zone.
- I always had a pimple every after I use it. (I’m quite sure it’s caused by the primer because I tried applying different types of powder/foundation with it; or maybe it’s not it.)
- My face kinda feel heavy and really warm when I have it on.